LILRC provides consultation services that include the following:
- Guidance for processing, housing and displaying historic materials including paper-based archives, textiles, photographs, and furnishings.
- Training and advice in the preservation (including digitization) of archival materials.
- Site visits to make recommendations and provide information to special libraries and cultural institutions which maintain Long Island's historic materials.
- One-on-one training in CONTENTdm software and the Project Client interface for participants in the LILRC Regional Digitization Program.
- Provide technical support to organizations participating with the New York Heritage Digital Collections and New York State Historic Newspaper websites.
Digital asset management system where member libraries can make accessible their historic digitized materials that includs photos, documents and other materials.
The NYS Historic Newspapers project provides free online access to a wide range of newspapers chosen to reflect New York's unique history.