Apply by October 6
Position: PT Librarian 1/PT Librarian Trainee
Department: Youth Services
The Hicksville Public Library is in search of a friendly, enthusiastic candidate to work in the Youth Services Department.
- Providing excellent customer service
- Assist patrons with research, locating materials, reader’s advisory, and technology assistance
- Assists in planning and conducting programs
- Assists in selection and ordering of materials
- Assists in preparing library exhibits and displays
- Works with Sierra, Encore, and other library software
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule & Availability: This position requires flexible hours. Days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
Hours: Up to 17 hours per week
Librarian 1 - $28.50 per hour
Librarian Trainee - $25.00 per hour
Qualifications for Librarian 1:
- MLS Degree in Library and Information Science
- NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate
- Must be a Nassau County Resident.
Qualification for Librarian Trainee:
- Graduation from a four year college or university recognized by the University of the
- State of New York.
Prior to any appointment; Evidence of eligibility for acceptance in a graduate program completion of which will qualify the applicant for provisional certification as a Junior
Librarian issued by the Library Extension Division, State Education Department.
This is a non-competitive Civil Service position. Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com