Locust Valley Library is seeking a librarian to work 12 – 15 hours per week, with the possibility of additional substitute hours.
Responsibilities include providing reference, readers' advisory and technology assistance to patrons, and shared responsibility for collection development.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program
- NYS Public Librarian's Professional Certificate
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of professional experience in a public library
- Avid reader
- Must have mastery of digital resources
- Must have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
- Must possess superior customer service skills (friendly, patient, eager to help, good listener and communicator)
The starting schedule is Tuesday evenings, Thursday mornings, and alternating Saturdays and Sundays.
Starting salary: $27.00 per hour
Please submit your resume and an employment application, available on our website, by January 15, 2021 to:
Please note: this is not a Civil Service position.