15 hours per week. May include evenings and weekends.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
• Assist patrons with locating materials, placing holds, renewing books and navigating online resources
• Provide reader’s advisory, register patrons for programs, answer phones and reference questions
• Provide computer support and assist patrons with electronic devices
• Create library displays that promote targeted services or collection subjects
• Participate in collection development and maintenance
• Attend professional meetings & workshops; participate in staff projects
• Create content for library’s social media outlets
• Other duties as assigned
MLS degree from an ALA accredited school and Public Librarian certificate or actively enrolled in an accredited MLS Program.
To be considered for this position please send a cover letter & resume no later than September 25 to:
Wendy Bennett, Assistant Director email@example.com 203 Blue Point Avenue Blue Point, NY 11715 631-363-6133 ext. 17
The Bayport-Blue Point Public Library is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.