Part-Time Children’s Librarian Trainee Position Available
So you want to be a P/T Children’s Librarian? Do you love working with kids? Is storytime your “thing”?
The Seaford Public Library is currently seeking an energetic librarian dedicated to public service to work in our Children’s Department. Candidates will be required to work 17 1⁄2 hours per week. Schedule will include some days, 2-3 nights and every other Saturday.
• Assist children in use of the library and its resources.
• Assist parents and other adults in selecting appropriate children’s materials.
• Plan and conduct story hours, book discussions, class visits, other programs, and outreach activities for children birth through Grade 5.
• Provide excellent customer service to patrons.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program.
• Must be a Nassau County resident.
• Knowledge of children’s literature.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
• Is skilled at presenting programs to children.
• Excels at providing customer service.
• Is energetic, motivated, detail-oriented, and flexible.
• Has great technology skills.|
• Has excellent written and communication skills.
• Starting salary $18.00/hour
This is a non-competitive Civil Service Position.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume ASAP to:
Jacqueline Lopez, Head of Children’s Services Seaford Public Library Email: firstname.lastname@example.org