The Central Islip Public Library is seeking a part-time Librarian or Librarian Trainee to join our growing Children’s Department that serves children from birth to age 12 and their families. Applicants should have an enthusiasm for working with children and families in a diverse community.
- Librarian Trainee applicants must be currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s in Library Sciences program.
- Librarian applicants must meet the current Civil Service guidelines for Entry Level Librarian (Children’s Services).
- Provide reference services and reader’s advisory to children and parents.
- Take part in planning and implementing programs for children.
- Participate in collection development and maintenance.
- Participate in the social media presence of the Children’s Department.
- Maintain familiarity with online resources and databases for children and parents.
Days and Hours Requirements:
- Some morning, evening and weekend hours are available.
- Weekly hours will not exceed the maximum of 17 ½ hours per week.
- Librarian Trainee $24.97 per hour
- Librarian 1 $26.65 per hour
- Sunday shifts pay time-and-a-half
Interested applicants can email a cover letter and resume to:
Head of Children’s Services
Central Islip Public Library
33 Hawthorne Ave.
Central Islip, NY 11722
(631) 234-9333 x6