Apply by March 31
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is seeking an energetic librarian to join our Youth Services Department. The successful candidate will have a passion for excitement, shenanigans, and community involvement. This position is focused on Children’s Services and may occasionally assist the Young Adult Department.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution (Individuals currently enrolled in an MLS or equivalent program will be considered)
- Strong communication skills and public service orientation
- The ability to perform both independently and as a team member
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment
- Flexibility in job duty procedures and have the ability to tolerate and embrace change
- Conducts in-library and off-campus class visits and provides outreach services enthusiastically with the community
- Designs and implements creative youth programming to facilitate a love of reading and learning, including story times and other activities, for ages birth through tween
- Provides reference assistance and reader’s advisory services by competently searching and teaching others how to use a broad range of print and electronic resources
- Evaluates materials and services and assists in the selection of materials for library acquisition
- Performs a full range of circulation desk duties including but not limited to issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, reserving books, and preparing materials for interlibrary loan
- Assists in other Library departments (Adult, Circulation, YA, etc.) as needed
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive full-time annual salary - $60,060; Trainee salary commensurate with credits completed
- Schedule will include weekdays, nights, and weekend rotations
- Generous benefit package including 100% paid individual NYSHIP health benefits, TIAA 403b retirement plan with employer contribution of 10% of salary, and paid time off
- This is not a civil service position
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Shannon Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31. Please put “Youth Services Librarian” in the subject line.
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.