The Franklin Square Public Library is seeking a tech-savvy, service-driven, energetic Librarian to fill a part-time position. Candidates will work up to 17 hours a week. Schedule will include afternoon, evening, and Saturday hours.
The successful candidate must be excited about working with teens, from 6th through 12thgrade, to provide engaging after-school programming, reader’s advisory, and outreach.
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services to teen patrons.
- Promote Teen Library services via social media and outreach.
- Collection development to ensure the teen collection is up to date and includes relevant print and digital resources.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate teen programs and services to meet community needs.
- Instruct teens in information gathering, research skills and digital literacy skills using the library’s website, databases, and reputable resources.
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school and a valid New York State Professional Certificate.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Young Adult literature, media, and culture.
- Starting salary is $26/hour
This is a non-competitive Civil Service position.
Please send resumes to: Aviva Kane; email@example.com
19 Lincoln Road ● Franklin Square, New York 11010
Phone (516) 488-3444 ● Fax (516) 354-3368 ● www.franklinsquarepl.org