LILRC has established a Regional Archival Service that offers the following:
- Training and advice in the processing and preservation of archival collections, including the digitization of archival documents and photographs
- Site visits by the Regional Archivist to make recommendations and provide information for historical societies and other organizations that preserve Long Island’s history
- Provide information on how to join the LILRC Regional Digitization Program (formerly Long Island Memories), now New York Heritage Digital Collections, a consortia service of the Empire State Library Network (ESLN)
- Present an Annual Archives Month Conference in October
- Liaision to the LILRC Committee for the Preservation of Local History
For additional information, please contact Nicole Menchise, Regional Archivist, by phone at (631) 675-1570 x204.