Special Projects Librarian
Located in Bellport, the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC) is one of the nine library councils in the state of New York, with LILRC serving all of Nassau and Suffolk counties. LILRC aims to enhance access to information, encourage resource sharing, and promote library interests for all LILRC members.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Special Projects Librarian is a full-time position that assists in meeting the mission of goals of the Council. The individual selected for this position will become an important team member responsible for administering the Hospital Library Services Program as well as other responsibilities.
- MLS from ALA-accredited library education program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, time management skills and customer service skills.
- Experience with Windows computers and software/applications used in business and education, such as Microsoft Office products.
- Confidence with technology and willingness to experiment with new tools or equipment.
- A commitment to service and professional development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP):
- Administer Hospital Library Services Program, including recommending annual budgets, grant applications, and annual report.
- Access the regional conditions and needs of health sciences libraries through on site visits, evaluations, surveys, and meetings.
- Offer on-site consultation and advice.
- Ensure that health sciences libraries are aware of and take advantage of other appropriate services and activities available from the Long Island Library Resources Council and other cooperative programs.
- Plan appropriate continuing education opportunities for health sciences library staff, including HLSP Annual Conference.
- Prepare HLSP newsletter, LILRC HealthLine.
- Facilitate communication among participants in the HLSP, and between those participants and other members of the Council.
- Plan and coordinate continuing education activities.
- Provide publicity for continuing education programs and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary range of $47,000-$52,000 per year and includes a generous benefit package.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with any other material you would like to be considered part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be required to provide names and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Long Island Library Resources Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com