Member Services Librarian
Located in Bellport, the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC) is one of the nine library councils in the state of New York, with LILRC serving all of Nassau and Suffolk counties. LILRC aims to enhance access to information, encourage resource sharing, and promote library interests for all LILRC members.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Member Services Librarian is a full-time position that assists in meeting the mission and goals of the Council. The individual selected for this position will become an important team member responsible for improving and enhancing member services.
- MLS from ALA-accredited library education program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technology skills.
- Confidence with technology and willingness to experiment with new tools or equipment.
- Demonstrated teamwork, time management skills and customer service skills.
- Experience with Windows computers and software/applications used in business and education, such as Microsoft Office products.
- A commitment to service and professional development.
- Project management experience.
- Grant writing experience.
- Knowledge of cloud-based services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, develops, implements, and promotes information & technology services, programs, and projects to serve members’ needs and expand membership.
- Collaborate with LILRC staff to generate and plan learning opportunities and events pertaining to technology.
- Provide calendar for continuing education programs and workshops.
- Facilitate communication with other library agencies concerning continuing education activities.
- Conduct needs assessment and compile statistics.
- Serve as Web Master.
- Set up social media accounts and maintain activity.
- Prepare LILRC Newsletter and other publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary range of $47,000-$52,000 per year and includes a generous benefit package.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with any other material you would like to be considered part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be required to provide names and contact information for three references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Long Island Library Resources Council is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com