The Committee on Resource Sharing and Management is a standing committee of the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC). The purpose of the committee is to encourage cooperation among all types of libraries in Nassau and Suffolk Counties to enhance resource sharing and management.
As part of its mission, the Committee will:
- Advise LILRC on matters relating to interlibrary loan policies and procedures.
- Encourage and assist libraries to formulate collection development policies that incorporate awareness of regional resources and activities.
- Promote responsible use of the Research Loan Program (RLP).
- Encourage libraries to include all library materials in OCLC WorldCat and LILCat.
- Explore current trends and issues related to print and electronic serials management.
- Encourage the use of new and emerging technologies related to resource sharing and management.
- Explore and promote the awareness of resource sharing models beyond Long Island.
- Educate library staff members on issues related to resource sharing and management through newsletter articles and other appropriate means.
- Recommend and help to promote programs, workshops and training sessions related to resource sharing and management.
- Maintain close relations and coordinate activities with other LILRC committees in areas of overlapping interests.
Adopted by the Committee: May 22, 2008
Approved by the Board: June 19, 2008
LONG ISLAND LIBRARY RESOURCES COUNCIL
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY/AXINN LIBRARY
SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE LIBRARY-AMMERMAN
NASSAU COMMUNITY COLLEGE
516-572-7401 Ext. 26033
LIU/PALMER SCHOOL OF LIBRARY & INFO SCI
|Elizabeth Pollicino Murphy, Chair
ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGE
HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY/DEANE LAW LIBRARY
|Joan Casson Sauer
TOURO LAW CENTER/GROULD LAW LIBRARY
U S MERCHANT MARINE ACADEMY/BLAND MEM LIBRARY
NEW YORK COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE