The Committee on Resource Sharing and Management is a standing committee of the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC). The purpose of the committee is to encourage cooperation among all types of libraries in Nassau and Suffolk Counties to enhance resource sharing and management.
As part of its mission, the Committee will:
- Advise LILRC on matters relating to interlibrary loan policies and procedures.
- Encourage and assist libraries to formulate collection development policies that incorporate awareness of regional resources and activities.
- Promote responsible use of the Research Loan Program (RLP).
- Encourage libraries to include all library materials in OCLC WorldCat and LILCat.
- Explore current trends and issues related to print and electronic serials management.
- Encourage the use of new and emerging technologies related to resource sharing and management.
- Explore and promote the awareness of resource sharing models beyond Long Island.
- Educate library staff members on issues related to resource sharing and management through newsletter articles and other appropriate means.
- Recommend and help to promote programs, workshops and training sessions related to resource sharing and management.
- Maintain close relations and coordinate activities with other LILRC committees in areas of overlapping interests.
Adopted by the Committee: May 22, 2008
Approved by the Board: June 19, 2008
Resource Sharing and Management Committee
Min Liu, LILRC Representative
Rosemary Burgos-Mira, New York Institute of Technology, Wisser Library
Jan Edmiston, US Merchant Marine Academy
Lisa Errico, Nassau Community College Library
Sarah Glasser, Hofstra University- Axinn Library
Fiona Grady, Suffolk County Community College Library- Ammerman
Heath Martin, Stony Brook University, Melville Library
Jessica McGivney, Farmingdale State College, Greenley Library
Joan Casson Sauer, Bryant Library
Mahnaz Tehrani, NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine Library, Chair
Deborah Wieshan, Patchogue-Medford Library