To act in an advisory capacity to the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC, or the Council) for the Hospital Library Services Program and other programs that impact librarians.
To articulate the importance of contributions provided to the health care field and the library profession by health sciences libraries.
To identify the health information needs of libraries in the Long Island region and to provide advice, guidance and support.
To communicate and collaborate with other committees of the Council regarding the special concerns of health sciences libraries and consolidate efforts on issues of mutual concern.
The goals of the Health Sciences Information Committee shall be:
- To provide continuing education, training, and professional development for health sciences librarians.
- To promote the use of new technologies in health sciences libraries.
- To encourage health sciences librarians to be active in monitoring, proposing, and responding to legislative and regulatory matters that affect their libraries.
- To facilitate the promotion of library services to users and to communicate the value of those services to the library’s policymakers, executive and financial managers, and to other library organizations.
- To stimulate progress in resource sharing and interlibrary cooperation.
- To encourage collaboration through shared resources such as databases and technology.
Approved by the LILRC Board of Trustees
LONG ISLAND LIBRARY RESOURCES COUNCIL
|Salvatore J. Filosa
PORT JEFFERSON FREE LIBRARY
SOUTH NASSAU COMMUNITIES HOSPITAL, MEDICAL LIBRARY
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY, HSC LIBRARY
NASSAU UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER LIBRARY
SUFFOLK COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, AMMERMAN CAMPUS
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL MEDICAL LIBRARY
NORTH SHORE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, DANIEL CARROLL PAYSON MEDICAL LIBRARY
NEW YORK COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE LIBRARY
|Mary Westermann, Chair
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, PALMER SCHOOL OF LIS (Retiree)